Sunday, January 31, 2010

EVS- Wien 2009

How can time run so fast??.. It's already almost 5 months that I finished my European Voluntary Service in Viena, working with handicap people.
It was really a very rich experience.

Besides of learning much about myself and my own capacities, and making friends and meeting diferent cultures, I learnt two important things:
1- there's time!Although life's too short..
2- How different we are NOT from the others!

Working almost 8 months with mental handicaped people made me realize realize: how "normal" they are! How hard is it to live in our society with their problems! How stupid we are for "judging", rejecting and "isolating" them! They are too cool, and I miss them much by now! Of course I had dificult,"scary" experiences with some of them, specially at the begining it was really not easy for me, and I though of quiting... but summing up, it was just awesome! It was all about learning that reality! Which is part of THIS reality!!

And I should say that I admired my colleges, who were there really for the handicaped people. I was once in the team meeting, in which I could understand just some words (looool...yeah my Deutsch in the begining was even worse..) and I remember that I though "Woow! This people are spending 2 hours of meeting weekly to talk about crazy people! Are they really that good persons?! ... I guess I want to make part of something like this at future.." If in one hand that was their job, so they were getting pay for it and stuff, in another hand they are dealing and taking care of people that the society, somehow, reject..not somehow, the society do reject them!

Realizing that fact also made me organise some ideas... and so, things are changed, I'm, somehow changed as well..

1 comment:

Dany-ela said...

bebeca venho deixar um grande beijinho no teu blog. Há uns dias fiz uma apresentação no curso de espanhol sobre Lisboa e pus tb umas imagens de Sintra. Ficaram todos apaixonados e no dia seguinte uma amiga Sueca já tinha comprado bilhete para ir a Lisboa na Páscoa com passagem obrigatória, dizia-me ela, por Sintra. Lembrei-me que estamos tão pertinho e andamos há anos para cumprir um passeio maravilhoso de guitarra e mochilas na mão pelos caminhos fantásticos da tua Sintra. Deste Verão não passa babe, ai nao passa nao =) adoro txi, de verdade* beijinho madrileno, com saudades